Thursday, June 5, 2008

There's A Time for Everything




The time comes, for every poor Singaporean boy to become a man. Not, mind you, by his own choice, but by the fact that our lil ol' country is too small, and lacks a proper defence force.

But fortunately, when faced with this prospect of becoming a man, everyone reacts, in one way or another. Some, in a positive, lets do it attitude. While a select few cut their losses and do what ever they can to avoid such a confrontation.

Me? I took 3 holidays in 6 months.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I did not take going to army with an open mind.

Our Hong Kong trip was fantastic, I've made memories that I never want to forget. We had a brilliant time, we ate, played, drank and enjoyed the time we had together. Its always good to know that, even after all this time apart, we are all still friends.

I know how Hong Kong trip was never fully documented on our blog, but because I was requested not to document it till the end. But, I can tell you this. They did all they could to prepare me for National Service. They got me to walk a damnnnn long distance one night, man was that a workout to remember.

So just 1 week after we came back from Hong Kong, I flew off to Tokyo japan for another session of butt freezing. It was expensive yes, but ey, the food justified the cost too eh? It was good stuff! I went to Disneyland, I relived my childhood! I miss those days you know? When things used to be so carefree and what not?

Haize, yea yea, I know this post is not very uplifting or funny, or anything that the previous posts are like, but allow me just for a moment to reminice? And then I will do my best to uplift it some what.

So I went to Aussie for a month as well, just to come back 1 WEEK before I have to enlist, which by the way, is THIS Friday. And these days have been filled with fun, laughter peace and joy!

So we planned a one day Council event last Saturday! Heh. We went to watch a movie called... DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHH

PRINCE CASPIAN

Hehe, it was like watching the lord of the rings, but iweth different characters, somehow after watching it, you realise how similar it is to so many, many films/books

We were on a tight schedule, that was mostlly my fault. Heh, I'm a stickler for schedules and time. SO, we went at a reasonable pace towards our next destination, SHOKUDO (at least I think thats what it is called) for, you're going to enjoy this, JAPANESE FOOD!

So, we started off reasonably well. We ordered Salmon Sahimi and California maki, and for the main course, two of us ordered Japanese curry rice. Then it started, two of us ordered... DUM DUM DUMMM BURGERS! WoW! BURGERS, the pinnacle of JaPaneSE CUISINE! Then, the second blow came... TWO ROSTIS! BAM, straight to the head. Another great achievement that our Japanese Brothers have achieved.

LoL, so after that, we went back to my place, and just hung out. We watched Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Semi-Pro, Click and Stay Alive. We also went for a supper of Prata and Kambing Sup.

The next day however, was an exhausting day. I didn't sleep till like 6 in the morning and so it was definitely a tiring day. But I recuperated.

The following Monday, I managed to borrowed the CAR, and we, meaning Dan, Rajiv, Lau and I, went down to the army market together to get Rajiv's things. It was fun, but albiet short.

We had fun times this past week. And I'm sure we will continue to have fun times in the days, weeks, months and years to come. So, thats that. In another day's time, the time will come for me to face my future. And I am sure it will be an eye opening experience.


Sometimes, we make decisions that we regret. But my decision to go into Montfort Secondary was and still is not a decision I regret. Making frens with Har is also another decision I dunt regret making.


Cause, through him, I've made good frens, who until now, have managed to put up with my nonsense and though I'm sure that I piss em off sometimes,are still my frens.


The Council.

"Yea, I just got a 80GB iPod. Cause I like to run for 3 weeks on end, and NEVER listen to the same song twice"

TideBoyZ

No comments: